RTL in pdf xchange \ foxit

Questions about Wine on Linux
hefetza

RTL in pdf xchange \ foxit

Post by hefetza »

Hello,
I've installed pdfxchange and foxit in order to annotate pdf's on linux. They both work great except for one problem: when annotating (notes, textboxes, etc.) the Hebrew comes out backwords. I can see Hebrew fonts fine. I have tried to follow this link http://askubuntu.com/questions/129345/u ... n-wine-1-4 doing:

Code: Select all

LANG=he.IL.UTF-8 wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Tracker\ Software/PDF\ Viewer/PDFXCview.exe 
in which case I can't see any Hebrew fonts.

I would very much appreciate help on this one since I'm not quite satisfied with the linux alternatives to pdf annotation.

Thanks,
Adam
vitamin

Re: RTL in pdf xchange \ foxit

Post by vitamin »

Wine's font's don't have Hebrew glyph that's why you can't see anything. Try installing some windows fonts (either via distro or using winetricks).
vitamin

Post by vitamin »

Please repost your reply. It became a collateral damage in fight with spam...
hefetza

Post by hefetza »

Thanks, but I have installed Hebrew fonts and they work in the open dialog. It's when I try to annotate that they come out backwards. When using the LANG prefix they disappear completely (both as annotations and in the open dialog).
vitamin

Post by vitamin »

Submit a bug in bugzilla. I'm not sure how good RTL support in Wine now days. There was a lot of work put into this earlier this year.
BTW you did not specify Wine version. If it's not the latest (1.5.12 released 2 days ago) - upgrade.