World Of Warcraft 5.0.4 bugs (So Far)

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
BasedGod
Level 2
Level 2

World Of Warcraft 5.0.4 bugs (So Far)

Post by BasedGod »

Today the patch 5.0.4 came out and as expected im experiencing a few minor bugs. When I enter the map, the marker indicating my position isn't displayed. Also in the character screen I cant really view my toon Image the more i zoom in the lower its pushed down. These aren't really a huge deal but I think its good to recognize them early on. Here's my config.wtf

Code: Select all

SET coresDetected "4"
SET hwDetect "0"
SET gxApi "OpenGL"
SET videoOptionsVersion "5"
SET particleDensity "10"
SET unitDrawDist "300.000000"
SET textureFilteringMode "0"
SET DesktopGamma "1"
SET ffxGlow "0"
SET ffxDeath "0"
SET fullAlpha "1"
SET lodDist "100.000000"
SET SmallCull "0.070000"
SET weatherDensity "0"
SET Sound_EnableEmoteSounds "0"
SET lod "1"
SET ffx "0"
SET alphaLevel "0"
SET environmentDetail "50"
SET Sound_MasterVolume "0.5"
SET targetNearestDistance "80.000000"
SET CombatLogRangeParty "200"
SET CombatLogRangePartyPet "200"
SET CombatLogRangeFriendlyPlayers "200"
SET CombatLogRangeFriendlyPlayersPets "200"
SET CombatLogRangeHostilePlayers "200"
SET CombatLogRangeHostilePlayersPets "200"
SET CombatLogRangeCreature "200"
SET doodadAnim "0"
SET shadowLOD "0"
SET MaxLights "1"
SET mapShadows "0"
SET anisotropic "0"
SET Gamma "1.000000"
SET showGameTips "0"
SET farclip "800"
SET pixelShaders "1"
SET scriptMemory "131072"
SET M2Faster "0"
SET uiScale "0.79999995231628"
SET useUiScale "1"
SET locale "enUS"
SET installLocale "enUS"
SET enterWorld "1"
SET gxWindow "1"
SET gxMaximize "0"
SET mouseSpeed "1"
SET readTOS "1"
SET readEULA "1"
SET accounttype "CT"
SET ChatMusicVolume "0.29999998211861"
SET ChatSoundVolume "0.39999997615814"
SET ChatAmbienceVolume "0.29999998211861"
SET VoiceActivationSensitivity "0.39999997615814"
SET Sound_MusicVolume "0.40000000596046"
SET Sound_AmbienceVolume "0.40000000596046"
SET reflectionMode "0"
SET terrainLodDist "450"
SET wmoLodDist "400"
SET terrainTextureLod "1"
SET worldBaseMip "1"
SET realmName "Lightbringer"
SET gxResolution "800x600"
SET Sound_SFXVolume "0.40000000596046"
SET componentTextureLevel "0"
BasedGod
Level 2
Level 2

Re: World Of Warcraft 5.0.4 bugs (So Far)

Post by BasedGod »

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4247145475

Seems to be the same issue im having with the map
RevNitemare

Post by RevNitemare »

I can't even get the patch to download. I followed what Blizzard said and even uninstalled and reinstalled and it's doing the same thing, bitching about the agent.
Poeboy2
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Poeboy2 »

I tried using Wine 1.5 and this is what I get for a performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjYHctUx ... e=youtu.be
BasedGod
Level 2
Level 2

Post by BasedGod »

Poeboy2 wrote:I tried using Wine 1.5 and this is what I get for a performance.

Switching to opengl fixed most graphics issue, Just switch over in the wtf config.
BasedGod
Level 2
Level 2

Post by BasedGod »

BasedGod wrote:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4247145475

Seems to be the same issue im having with the map

Ah I saw your post earlier and this sounds like an opengl problem now.
BasedGod
Level 2
Level 2

Post by BasedGod »

RevNitemare wrote:I can't even get the patch to download. I followed what Blizzard said and even uninstalled and reinstalled and it's doing the same thing, bitching about the agent.
Have you played with the background downloader by unticking the p2p option and retrying the launcher?
Poeboy2
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Poeboy2 »

Poeboy2 wrote:I tried using Wine 1.5 and this is what I get for a performance.

I had forgotten to do the opengl switch, thanks for the reminder. Things are slightly better, but they are still far from perfect. Here is my death knight mounting and riding his horse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umk-cxyK ... e=youtu.be
akamaus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by akamaus »

RevNitemare wrote:I can't even get the patch to download. I followed what Blizzard said and even uninstalled and reinstalled and it's doing the same thing, bitching about the agent.
I couldn't install it with PlayOnLinux, it downloaded wine-1.2.

But official Blizzard downloader works with wine-1.5.12 for me. The only problem is with displaying progress. It stays on 0% forever. But after downloading 20Gb the activity stopped, so I killed wine and discovered game is successfully installed.
akamaus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by akamaus »

BasedGod wrote: Switching to opengl fixed most graphics issue, Just switch over in the wtf config.
I experience major artifacts on some locations. I tried

SET gxApi "opengl"
. Performance substantly improved, artfacts dissapeared, but game crashed as soon as I clicked on mob. I tested this on wine-1.5.12 on a i965 video card under Ubuntu-12.04
akamaus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by akamaus »

akamaus wrote:

SET gxApi "opengl"
. Performance substantly improved, artfacts dissapeared, but game crashed as soon as I clicked on mob. I tested this on wine-1.5.12 on a i965 video card under Ubuntu-12.04
I found a solution to crashes on OpenGL. Looks like it's a hardware issue specific to Intel videocards.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1799781
rayban1

Post by rayban1 »

I had problems updating WOW to the 5.04 patch. I googled for a solution and found a couple. One has been posted in this post:
http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16834

I read another solution at the World of Warcraft forums. It was for those that use PlayonLinux to create virtual drives to run MS stuff in linux. Anyhow the suggestion was to upgrade the wine version to 1.5 . I did that, and everything worked. Meaning I was able to update to 5.04.
I then logged into the game, and saw slow loading maps and graphics.
I then went into the WTF config file, and changed from D3d to the opengl.

Then relogged into WOW and everything was good to go. I disabled add-ons until I could update them.
BasedGod
Level 2
Level 2

Post by BasedGod »

Has anyone found a solution to the map issue?
BasedGod
Level 2
Level 2

Post by BasedGod »

Also, i'm experiencing the black hole issue in certain zones (Most prevalent in the Outlands) its seems to be addressed in the appdb page under tips and tricks, but enabling off screen rendering doesn't fix the problem. And increasing the UI scale makes dressing room graphics more useful (I can see my head now :D) I would switch to d3d, as it fixes the map issue, but I don't even want to get into the other problems introduced when I do that. (Dark screen and textures leaking, pretty much unplayable vs OpenGl)
BasedGod
Level 2
Level 2

Post by BasedGod »

akamaus wrote:
akamaus wrote:

SET gxApi "opengl"
I found a solution to crashes on OpenGL. Looks like it's a hardware issue specific to Intel videocards.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1799781

Copied into my wtf and relaunched, had to switch some stuff to low and switch back to opengl but performance has seemed to increase dramatically, like hours of twilight performance, I'll report back after i can play for a bit. Still getting the black hole textures though but kanye shrug :lol:
zulquid

Post by zulquid »

I too, am missing the map locater, and profile on the character sheet. Basicly, when i press "C", there's no picture of my character. Its not black like some people have reported, just missing the character. Also, the dot which shows where you are on the map "M", is missing. I can still mouse over where it would be, but what a pain!

Wine 1.5.14
nvidia 500 series with latest drivers.

No idea what else to try. :(
monaco

Post by monaco »

I can't even get the patch to download
zulquid

Post by zulquid »

Launcher seems to have some problems. I launched from terminal "wine Wow.exe -opengl" and then wait... lol. it will eventually work. Or, install to windows then copy into wine folder.

For the map indicator, it DOES show up. But only on certain parts of the map. I'll try to get some screen shots to show what I mean.
themainliner
Level 2
Level 2

Post by themainliner »

zulquid wrote:I too, am missing the map locater, and profile on the character sheet. Basicly, when i press "C", there's no picture of my character. Its not black like some people have reported, just missing the character. Also, the dot which shows where you are on the map "M", is missing. I can still mouse over where it would be, but what a pain!
Several people have this issue the dressing room is not working; in the same way the quest window that shows pictures of targets is similarly empty: it displays the background of the panel (correctly), but the animated image is not displayed. I hadn't realised how essential the map cursor is as a gaming feature. Seeing a map is one thing - you can work out where to navigate to - but being unable to quickly assess your current location makes finding things difficult.

These issues only exist when using OpenGL, switching to D3D9 removes them (introducing alternatives issues).

How can we asses if this is a bug in Wine, OpenGL or World of Warcraft?
themainliner
Level 2
Level 2

Post by themainliner »

Damn this map / character pane display issue is a World of Warcraft OpneGL mode bug. Feckin' Blizzard!
themainliner
Level 2
Level 2

Post by themainliner »

Raised a ticket and got this response:
Hello!

Thank you for reporting this to us. With the info you provided, I was able to verify all 3 issues.
The map issue was actually reported to us already, and we are hoping to have it fixed in the next major patch release.
For the issue with the character and quest displays, I forwarded these to the dev team and hopefully they should be fixed also!

As a note, it seems that the map issue and quest log issue are actually related to each other in some way (and it wouldnt be unreasonable to assume the character window is in there too), as the problem is that the display (map and quest panel) is actually being displayed in front of the map icon and NPC display.
On the map, your icon is (unreliably) visible in some unpopulated map areas, and mousing over your current location will display your name where the icon should be displaying.
On the quest panel, if you are playing in windowed mode and lower the size of the game window, you can at times see parts of the displayed npc become visible as they do a small animation, as part of their model can poke through the display. Changing the size of the window also can affect the visibility of your character on the character screen too.
(Note: I dont expect you to play in a tiny window, I just thought you might find the info interesting :P )

Anyway, thank you again for reporting this, I hope that these are fixed soon, but if you have any other questions or issues, please feel free to contact us again!
whiqmsone

Post by whiqmsone »

Things are slightly better, but they are still far from perfect.