WineHQ wrong video card detected

Questions about Wine on Linux
RIPAciD

WineHQ wrong video card detected

Post by RIPAciD »

Hello, please tell me why AMD Radeon HD7870 is not in the list of winehq, my card is detected as a HD3200 :| and some games have limited video options because of this.

DeviceID: 0x6818
VendorID: 0x1002

Added the ID's in the registry but the card is detected as Direct3D HAL

I used the search before and I found something about editing winehq sources to add the card in the list but this is to hard for me, I can't do it. Any help please?

Thank you!
vitamin

Re: WineHQ wrong video card detected

Post by vitamin »

You can override those ids via VideoPciDeviceID & VideoPciVendorID. Make sure they are DWORD Value (REG_DWORD) not strings! See this for more details: http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys
RIPAciD

Post by RIPAciD »

vitamin wrote:You can override those ids via VideoPciDeviceID & VideoPciVendorID. Make sure they are DWORD Value (REG_DWORD) not strings! See this for more details: http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys
I already did that and the card is named Direct3D HAL... :( I could try to add the card in the list and compile the source but i can't find a friendly guide, I'm a noob...
RIPAciD

Post by RIPAciD »

Followed this tutorial http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit#head ... 674bd61b37 and I cannot compile it...

Code: Select all

configure: error: Cannot build a 32-bit program, you need to install 32-bit development libraries.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

The message from configure is pretty straightforward: you need to install the 32 bit development libraries.
RIPAciD

Post by RIPAciD »

dimesio wrote:The message from configure is pretty straightforward: you need to install the 32 bit development libraries.
Compiled using "./configure --enable-win64" but now i don't know how to use this patched version of wine with PLayOnLinux...

Nvm, I'm retarded, can't do it... maybe HD7800 series will be added in the list, sooner or later.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

RIPAciD wrote: Compiled using "./configure --enable-win64" but now i don't know how to use this patched version of wine with PLayOnLinux...
Ask on the POL forum. This forum is for plain Wine.
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by doh123 »

adding in the stuff manually doesn't really help... Wine still just says It cannot find that info, and the games I've tested on still see the wrong GPUs. Out of 2 AMDs I have, both are picked up as HD 3200's like yours, and never could get anything done about that... but I'm not sure its ever actually caused a problem. Most of the graphical features that do not work in certain games are NOT because of the detected GPU type, but due to things that Wine just cannot handle right.