Starcraft 2 Patch 1.5 Downloader/Optimization problems.

Questions about Wine on Linux
Goddilly

Starcraft 2 Patch 1.5 Downloader/Optimization problems.

Post by Goddilly »

Hi there, recently, as you well may know, StarCraft II has gotten its latest update. Whenever I try to download it, things go wrong. Over on this link lots of people that are smarter than I have posted lots of intelligent answers. However, I, being a total newbie at this sort of thing, can't make head or tails of it.

K1773R posted a script that should do the work for me. My own adaptation, however, does not.
If you can see what I did wrong, maybe that would help. But this isn't the whole problem. I've a few times managed to get past the downloader, and the blizzard client then asks me to optimize my SC2 files. When I press no, it crashes. But when I press yes, it hangs on 0% (for over 4 hours at least) while this process should not take more than ~60 minutes.

Any tips, help, opinions, educated guesses or lines of code I could conveniently copy and paste?

-Thanks in advance, Goddilly.
Goddilly

Re: Starcraft 2 Patch 1.5 Downloader/Optimization problems.

Post by Goddilly »

Guess I overestimated this forum :(
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Wrapper scripts are not supported here; if you have problems with one, ask the person who wrote it for help.

If you want help here, post terminal output from running the installer in the latest development release of plain Wine.

As for the AppDB page you linked to, there is a lot of information on it, so you are going to have to be more specific about what you "can't make head or tails of."
Goddilly

Post by Goddilly »

Okay, thanks. I got it working by manually starting sc2-x.x.x.x-1.5.0.22342-enUS-Downloader.exe after having run the script, if anyone else has the same problem.
lionDavid

Post by lionDavid »

:?: Can you please tell us what did step by step to make star-craft II to run using script or give us link.
RevNitemare

Post by RevNitemare »

I am having problems with this too. What were your steps for getting it to work?