Mouse: Can't look around in Slender.exe

Questions about Wine on Linux
xaviorffviii

Mouse: Can't look around in Slender.exe

Post by xaviorffviii »

Hi I'm trying to run slender.exe horror game.

I've tried three different version of wine, 1.3.8<I think?, 1.4 and 1.5.8.

The game runs fine, and the mouse clicks work, but you can't use the mouse to look around (FirstPerson) nothing happens when I move it.

I'm very curious as to why this might be happening? I've spent a good portion of the past two days to no avail. :(

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it!
Thanks in advanced,
-David

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm trying to run it on either xbmcbuntu which is based off of ubuntu 12.04 and regular ubuntu 12.04
xaviorffviii

Post by xaviorffviii »

bump,
nothing? I can peak no ones interest with this problem?

No one else is curious as to why this might be happening?
I'm not the only one either, someone on the playonlinux forum is having the same issue.

Thanks again in advanced
-David
ischou
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ischou »

Have you tried applying the "raw3.patch" that is described in the following bug report?

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=20395
xaviorffviii

Post by xaviorffviii »

:D That did it!
I used playonlinux to test it and it works!
I used 1.4-rc4-raw3 under tools and manage wine versions.
I may manually patch it for my xbmc htpc though, may be easier than figuring out how to launch it from xbmc using playonlinux.

Thank you so much ischou! I think there's gonna be a lot of linux users that are going to be happy they can play slender.exe.

Thanks so much again!
-David
TheWindWaker

Post by TheWindWaker »

Would you be able to help me apply the patch? My mouse also isn't working in Slender and I have no idea how to fix it..
xaviorffviii

Post by xaviorffviii »

TheWindWaker wrote:Would you be able to help me apply the patch? My mouse also isn't working in Slender and I have no idea how to fix it..
I was going to do the manual patch but I figured out a way to launch slender using playonlinux with xbmc. I really don't know how to do a manual patch, so I was pretty happy when I could launch the game inside xbmc using playonlinux, saved me some time. I'd recommend using playonlinux it's pretty easy. Just install playonlinux, then go to tools, manage wine versions, and use that to install one of the wine versions with raw3. As far as I'm aware you have to use that to launch, making a shortcut wasn't too difficult, there's tutorials for that around.

If your really dead set on patching manually, I'm sure there's someone around that has the experience, but from what I read it looked daunting, for a first timer like me at least.

If you go the playonlinux route I can definitely help out, I had some issues from lack of experience with the software that may be of use to you. I could give step by step if you have problems.

Best of luck whichever route you take!