Kernel Panic on Guild wars with Mac (young fren people D:).

Questions about Wine on macOS.
Lapindicite

Kernel Panic on Guild wars with Mac (young fren people D:).

Post by Lapindicite »

Hi guys !

For beginning, I am a french people and I have fifteen years old, so my english is not very good ... Have you got a french admin for more facility ?

So, I have bought Guild wars 2 days ago. I had my new Mac book pro 2 days ago too (13', Intel HD Graphics 4000, Lion, Intel core duo i7, 8 go ram) and I have a (big) problem with Guild wars. When the installation is finished and when the game started, my Mac reboot because I have a Kernel Panic. I had a big conversation with the administrator of "PlayOnMac" but we don't have found the solution ... I have enabled "GLSL" and nothing too ...

I'm very sad (and I'm ungry :p) because Guild Wars is my first MMORPG, and I'm fond of it ! Please, help D: ...

(I don't used google trad' for this text ^^').

Thanks a lot,
Lapindicite.
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Hi,

I'm not at all an Mac expert, so for the real help someone else will have to chime in. I just can give you a few hints.

Are you able to run 'simple' applications like Irfanview under wine? Would older games like e.g. Warcraft III work? Which version of XQuartz installed? It could be that the osx intel drivers are insufficient for some games in wine.

You could try Wineskin, which is another wine wrapper for Mac. In Wineskin or playonmac there should be an option to run unmodified (unpatched) wine from command line. Please post terminal output here or put it on pastebin, if it's long.
dimesio

Re: Kernel Panic on Guild wars with Mac (young fren people D

Post by dimesio »

Lapindicite wrote: When the installation is finished and when the game started, my Mac reboot because I have a Kernel Panic.
Wine is a user-level process and should not be able to cause a kernel panic by itself. Something else is wrong with your system, and Wine is just exposing it. I suggest you ask for help on a Mac forum.
I had a big conversation with the administrator of "PlayOnMac" but we don't have found the solution ... I have enabled "GLSL" and nothing too ...
PlayOnMac is not supported here.
Lapindicite

Post by Lapindicite »

lajmbi => I can run Shaiya, so I think Irfanview too. I use the last version of xquartz.
I don't undersand nothing in the menu of WineSkin, what is it ?
Thanks for the reponse :).

Dimesio => I have posted in "Mac generation" (for french people), thank you. You think I can resolved this problem :( ?

Thanks for your reponses :).
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Hi,

this is probably a driver issue, I'd guess that the osx intel video drivers are at fault. So you will have to report that to apple.
Lapindicite

Post by Lapindicite »

Problem is resolved ! I install the updated for Mac 2012 and the game running. Just one problem, when I'm wanted to connect to the game, he asks me to check my connection but I'm already connected (and in conversation on Skype with a friend ...).

What is the problem ? :o

(And thank you for you patience)
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Hi,

can you run your game from command line and post terminal output? This should be possible with playonmac and wineskin.
Lapindicite

Post by Lapindicite »

The game running very good, but It's just my connection :S ...
It is the "error 3010".
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Hi,

please ask the playonmac guy how to get terminal output. You should see command line like output with a number of fixme-messages.
qparis
Level 2
Level 2

Post by qparis »

Just to say:

- The problem was indeed a Apple bug fixed in a system update
- Connexion problem was caused by the fact that the user account was not activated.

So if you have kernel panic using wine on mac, make sure that your system is up to date