Default refresh rate in WINE

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
gutigen
Level 2
Level 2

Default refresh rate in WINE

Post by gutigen »

Every single game I play under WINE defaults it's refresh rate to 60khz. My desktops refresh rate is set to 75khz in NVIDIA X Server Settings. Is there a way to force WINE to use specific refresh rate?
ZombieRedShirt
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Default refresh rate in WINE

Post by ZombieRedShirt »

gutigen wrote:Every single game I play under WINE defaults it's refresh rate to 60khz. My desktops refresh rate is set to 75khz in NVIDIA X Server Settings. Is there a way to force WINE to use specific refresh rate?
Hello gutigen,

You'll need to get the latest wine source. Unpack it, and go to dlls/winex11.drv, then find the file desktop.c. What you need to do is run a search for all instances of X11DRV_Settings_AddOneMode. There are three slightly different lines, all starting with that, with wine's default refresh rate, witch is 0, 60. You'll want to change that to 0, 75 for all three instances of that line. Compile that, and you should now be able to have the refresh rate as 75 hertz in games.

Let me know how you go.
gutigen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gutigen »

Is there no way to do it without compiling? Always something does not work like it should after compiling (for me :P ).
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

gutigen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gutigen »

Tried that one (forcerefreshrate etc), doesn't work :/
Cloudef
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Default refresh rate in WINE

Post by Cloudef »

Fakedisp interface patch, this might help you.

Edit: Actually reading again. It might not.
You actually run under windowed mode with fakedisp, where many applications just depend on the display subsystem to set the frequencies. Fakedisp just uses your current X11/Driver setup. Plus it doesn't do resolution switches which you might like or not.

So, if the force frequency setting doesn't work for you. You might want to edit the x11drv source like mentioned above.