FATAL:Lock failed: SURFACEBUSY error in wineskin

Questions about Wine on macOS.
Stevedog

FATAL:Lock failed: SURFACEBUSY error in wineskin

Post by Stevedog »

doh123 told me to come here and post my question after i posted in the wineskin support forum.

Whenever i run my wineskin wrapper (test or not) i end up getting a pop-up in game at the main menu saying "FATAL:Lock failed: SURFACEBUSY", i click ok, it appears again, i click ok again, then it either crashes, my mouse/pointer won't move, or the screen resolution of the game keeps changing. i end up force-quitting, and the logs say the same thing every time: FATAL:Lock failed: SURFACEBUSY.

I have tried altering screen options, i have tried altering the winecfg, i have tried altering options in the options tab, nothing worked. i will attached the log to see if anyone can figure out the problem.

Code: Select all

MAX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:======= 60
GetMax:      : : : :::60
MAX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:======= 120
GetMax:      : : : :::120
MAX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:======= 96
GetMax:      : : : :::96
MAX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:======= 80
GetMax:      : : : :::80
MAX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:======= 74
GetMax:      : : : :::74
MAX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:======= 110
GetMax:      : : : :::110
MultiPalette font [data/fonts/small_1pix.mft]
Make MultiPalette for font
Font PaletteCount [9]
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f76c,0x00000000), stub!
OK
Querying LocaleDB [data/locale/english.sdb]
fixme:cdrom:CDROM_StopAudio not supported on this O/S
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24008 (device=2 access=1 func=2 method=0)
TheocracyMovie[ubi_logo.mpg]:[(null)] -> [0,0] [0,0]
Movie (cd):ubi_logo.mpg
SetVideoMode(640 480 5
*** SetVideoMode 16
*** SetVideoMode 16 ok
External_PlayAnim(E:/movie/ubi_logo.mpg,(null))
move filename: E:/movie/ubi_logo.mpg
fixme:amstream:IDirectDrawMediaStreamImpl_GetFormat (0xdc9798)->(0x32fa64,0x0,0x0,0x0) stub!
TheocracyMovie[logo.mpg]:[(null)] -> [0,0] [0,0]
Movie (cd):logo.mpg
External_PlayAnim(E:/movie/logo.mpg,(null))
move filename: E:/movie/logo.mpg
fixme:amstream:IDirectDrawMediaStreamImpl_GetFormat (0xe5b148)->(0x32fa64,0x0,0x0,0x0) stub!
TheocracyMovie[intro.mpg]:[(null)] -> [0,0] [0,0]
Movie (cd):intro.mpg
External_PlayAnim(E:/movie/intro.mpg,(null))
move filename: E:/movie/intro.mpg
fixme:amstream:IDirectDrawMediaStreamImpl_GetFormat (0xe5c720)->(0x32fa64,0x0,0x0,0x0) stub!
Inint menu buttons begin ...
SinglePalette font [data/fonts/menu.mft]
Inint menu buttons done.
SetVideoMode(800 600 5
*** SetVideoMode 16
*** SetVideoMode 16 ok
fixme:cdrom:CDROM_ReadQChannel NIY
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 2402c (device=2 access=1 func=b method=0)
cVCD_WINDOWS::Play_Real(3,3)
cVCD_WINDOWS::Play_Real succes
FATAL:Lock failed: SURFACEBUSY
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 2402c (device=2 access=1 func=b method=0)
fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_ActivateKeyboardLayout 0xc090c09, 0000: semi-stub!
dimesio

Re: FATAL:Lock failed: SURFACEBUSY error in wineskin

Post by dimesio »

Stevedog wrote:doh123 told me to come here and post my question after i posted in the wineskin support forum.
No, what he told you to do was to check the AppDB. He knows very well that Wineskin is not supported here.

http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-v ... s_offset=5

If you want help here, install your app in plain Wine and post a log from that.
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by doh123 »

There is an option in Wineskin.app you can click to do a "Command Line Wine Test"

If you use this, you'll get a command line and be able to run Wine normally on OSX. Use a standard Engine and its a normal build of Wine, and will use your systems X11. It doesn't use the wrappers wineprefix though so it'll create a new default one at ~/.wine like normal, and you can install your game and run it and everything. That *should* be supported here as its just a quick way to use Wine already built without you having to compile it, but you'll have to do all normal Wine command line usage, just like you had built it, it just skips the need to compile Wine and install it on your system.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

doh123 wrote:That *should* be supported here as its just a quick way to use Wine already built without you having to compile it,
That sounds fine.

Stevedog: you did not state the Wine version; if it's not 1.5.7, upgrade. We also need the name of the game, and if there is a legal free download somewhere, a link to it.
Stevedog

Post by Stevedog »

What wine version? I did not use Wine at all, i made a wrapper using Wineskin winery 1.5 (now been updated since). The game is called Theocracy. There is a legal free demo here: http://games.brothersoft.com/theocracy.html.

I just followed the instruction on the wineskin website to get me started, then worked my way from there. Are you asking me to use wine instead of wineskin?
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Stevedog wrote:Are you asking me to use wine instead of wineskin?
Wineskin is a wrapper for Wine. To get help here, you need to use plain Wine, without the wrapper. Doh123 posted instructions above as to how to do that from your existing install.