"Attempt to load C runtime library incorrectly"

Questions about Wine on Linux
PortlandGTS

"Attempt to load C runtime library incorrectly"

Post by PortlandGTS »

I just loaded Wine in Ubuntu Linux in order to run HeeksCAD. The first time I ran HeeksCAD, it complained about an unimplemented function in msvcp90.dll. I did some searching and found that I needed to install the native MS VC++ run time libraries via 'winetricks vcrun2008'.

I did notice one error message in the installation of the C++ runtime. It said "mfc90.dll not found".

Now, when I run HeeksCAD, I get a dialog box from the MS VC++ runtime library stating the "an application attempted to load the C runtime library incorrectly".

Anyone know how to fix this error?

Thanks,
Tom
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Hi,

please upgrade to latest wine version, if you haven't already. Run from command line and post terminal output. Does it make a difference, if you run from the directory, where the .exe is located?
DanKegel

Post by DanKegel »

The mfc90 problem might be fixed in svn, try
https://winetricks.googlecode.com/svn/t ... winetricks

For the other problem, try with a clean wineprefix and the latest wine.
PortlandGTS

Post by PortlandGTS »

Lahmbi5678,

I'm running Wine 1.4. I assume that's the latest version.

Here's the output from the command line invocation:

tom@CNC-Router:~/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/HeeksCNC$ wine HeeksCAD
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" (6.0.0.0)
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" (6.0.0.0)
err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo The Mesa OpenGL driver is using software rendering, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly (using GL renderer "Software Rasterizer", version "2.1 Mesa 7.7.1").

I searched for info on Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls and found this:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... ngId=51096

So I tried installing .Net 3.5, but the installation hung at the end, as described in the above article. After trying the install, I still have the problem.

DanKegel,

Sorry, but I'm a newbie with Wine, and don't understand what you're suggesting. The link takes me to the source for winetricks. Not sure what to do with that. Also, I've seen the phrase 'clean wineprefix', and believe it means to create a fresh Wine environment, but I'm not clear on how to do that.

Thanks,
Tom
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

PortlandGTS wrote:err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo The Mesa OpenGL driver is using software rendering, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly (using GL renderer "Software Rasterizer", version "2.1 Mesa 7.7.1").
Reinstall your graphics driver.
I'm running Wine 1.4. I assume that's the latest version.
The latest version is 1.5.5.
Sorry, but I'm a newbie with Wine, and don't understand what you're suggesting. The link takes me to the source for winetricks. Not sure what to do with that.
http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks
Also, I've seen the phrase 'clean wineprefix', and believe it means to create a fresh Wine environment, but I'm not clear on how to do that.
Delete or rename ~/.wine, then run winecfg to create new one. If you have 64 bit Wine installed, create a 32 bit only wineprefix with

Code: Select all

WINEARCH=win32 winecfg
After that try to install vcrun2008 with the winetricks you downloaded.

You didn't mention what version of Ubuntu you're using. 12.04 is very broken with regards to Wine, and if that's what you're using, you may not be able to get this to work until the upstream bugs are fixed.
DanKegel

Post by DanKegel »

There are workarounds for most of the ubuntu 12.04 problems,
particularly
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30410