Wine 1.4 and old games

Questions about Wine on macOS.
RicardoSantos

Wine 1.4 and old games

Post by RicardoSantos »

Hello everyone! I am running wine 1.4 on Mac OSX 10.7.3 and I am having problems with fullscreen.

When the game enters fullscreen with RandR mode, the top part of the graphic stays black, however, if I configure wine to use a virtual desktop, the game stays windowed.

I would like to know if there is another way to configure the video with wine, however I am a noob, so, I ask a little patience :P
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by doh123 »

not sure I understand...

your saying the graphics don't show up right unless you use a virtual desktop, but you still want to run fullscreen?

There is not an easy way to do this with normal Wine/X11 combo... but you can with Wineskin and setting its graphics settings to Override->Fullscreen, which runs in a X11 fullscreen with Wine in a virtual desktop faked out to look fullscreen.
Frédéric Delanoy

Wine 1.4 and old games

Post by Frédéric Delanoy »

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 3:48 AM, RicardoSantos
<[email protected]> wrote:
Hello everyone! I am running wine 1.4 on Mac OSX 10.7.3 and I am having problems with fullscreen.

When the game enters fullscreen with RandR mode, the top part of the graphic stays black, however, if I configure wine to use a virtual desktop, the game stays windowed.

I would like to know if there is another way to configure the video with wine, however I am a noob, so, I ask a little patience :P
Could be due to the issue in http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30213

Please retry with a more recent wine (>= 1.5.2)