Any way to use ibus to input in the game uses directx?

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
allencch
Level 1
Level 1

Any way to use ibus to input in the game uses directx?

Post by allencch »

I have the problem to input the text with IBus in a game, it seems using DirectX. There is "no input window" in the IBus. Any other possible solution?
vitamin

Re: Any way to use ibus to input in the game uses directx?

Post by vitamin »

allencch wrote:I have the problem to input the text with IBus in a game, it seems using DirectX. There is "no input window" in the IBus. Any other possible solution?
What is ibus? What exactly the problem? What are you doing, what supposed to happen, and what actually happens?

What Wine version? Terminal output?
allencch
Level 1
Level 1

Post by allencch »

IBus is an input system in Linux. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_Input_Bus

The exact problem is, I cannot use IBus to input Chinese characters in the Wine game. The expected outcome is, IBus can detect the input window, and able to enter the Chinese characters.

Wine version: 1.3.34
IBus version: 1.3.9
Linux distribution: Arch Linux

The terminal output:
fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCONVERSIONMODE
fixme:imm:ImeHandleNotify WM_IME_NOTIFY:IMN_SETCONVERSIONMODE
fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETSENTENCEMODE
fixme:imm:ImeHandleNotify WM_IME_NOTIFY:IMN_SETSENTENCEMODE
fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x2005e, 0x4577620): stub
fixme:imm:ImeHandleNotify WM_IME_NOTIFY:IMN_SETCOMPOSITIONWINDOW
fixme:imm:ImmGetOpenStatus (0x4577620): semi-stub
vitamin

Post by vitamin »

allencch wrote:IBus is an input system in Linux. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_Input_Bus
It must work via X11 or it can't be used. In other words it have to be an Xorg extension.

Wine already have IME support (SCIM), why can't you use it instead?
allencch
Level 1
Level 1

Post by allencch »

scim is unmaintained anymore, that is why Linux distributions such as Ubuntu and Fedora using IBus as the default input system. I have no problem to use IBus to input Chinese characters in "wine notepad". But this does not work in the Wine game. Thus, I am asking anyway to use IBus to input in the game which uses DirectX.
vitamin

Post by vitamin »

allencch wrote:I have no problem to use IBus to input Chinese characters in "wine notepad". But this does not work in the Wine game. Thus, I am asking anyway to use IBus to input in the game which uses DirectX.
Oh I see what you saying. If that game uses dinput then no, it won't work. Wine's dinput key name lookup isn't using IME.
allencch
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Any way to use ibus to input in the game uses directx?

Post by allencch »

Solved as my old post here.