Any good cad program?

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
therock003
Level 2
Level 2

Any good cad program?

Post by therock003 »

So far i've only got a9cad to work.I tried progecad which is supposed to work,but by launcinh the exe,i get the wine console error.I also tried the edrawings viewer but same thing,and then i hear about the read-only bug of microstation 8.

Is there any good choice for cad applications as far as wine is concerned?
vitamin

Re: Any good cad program?

Post by vitamin »

therock003 wrote:So far i've only got a9cad to work.I tried progecad which is supposed to work,but by launcinh the exe,i get the wine console error.I also tried the edrawings viewer but same thing,and then i hear about the read-only bug of microstation 8.

Is there any good choice for cad applications as far as wine is concerned?
ACAD2000 works okish. Haven't tried all the features but basic functionality is there. You can browse AppDB and check yourself what people reported.
therock003
Level 2
Level 2

Post by therock003 »

Yep about that,i tried installing acad2000 and by the time i execute setup.exe i get an error of not finding _setup.dll which is right next to the exe btw.Crazy stuff.

No cad for me so far!
therock003
Level 2
Level 2

Post by therock003 »

I did bricscad it installed fine,but when i run icad.exe i get the wine error saying it could find 3 dlls
Did qcad,it worked but i have a strange bug where when i select an option which pops up some windo or dialog,it goes instantly out of focus and if i dont press escape to cancel it,i can navigate anywhere i cant close app or rvert to another,basicaly i have to hard reset the asus.