Trouble installing X-Lite 3.0 in Wine

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
rye

Post by rye »

I've been trying to install X-Lite 3.0 in Wine, and when I run the installer I get the error message:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\ataplugin\ATAPlugIn.ax

Unable to register the DLL/OCX: DllRegisterServer failed; code 0x800700CB

I've tried copying the ATAPlugIn.ax file from my Windows partition, but that didn't work; I have no idea what to make of the second line of the error message. The AppDB only seems to have old entries for X-Lite; has anyone tried this recently, and does anyone know how to fix / get around this error?

Edit: I tried running regsvr32 on the .ax file to register it, and got this error:

ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:874:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on Camera , disabling mixer
Failed to register DLL /home/yuri/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Common Files/Intel/ataplugin/ATAPlugIn.ax

which gives me reason to think it has something to do with ALSA, but I don't really know where to go from there, because I don't have any other sound problems on my computer. (I'm running Ubuntu 8.04)

Thanks!
austin987
Wine Developer
Wine Developer

Post by austin987 »

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 2:02 PM, rye <[email protected]> wrote:
I've been trying to install X-Lite 3.0 in Wine, and when I run the installer I get the error message:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\ataplugin\ATAPlugIn.ax

Unable to register the DLL/OCX: DllRegisterServer failed; code 0x800700CB

I've tried copying the ATAPlugIn.ax file from my Windows partition, but that didn't work; I have no idea what to make of the second line of the error message. The AppDB only seems to have old entries for X-Lite; has anyone tried this recently, and does anyone know how to fix / get around this error?

Thanks!

Try:
$ regsvr32 ATAPlugIn.ax
rye

Post by rye »

This was the result:

fixme:atl:AtlModuleInit SEMI-STUB (0x4042c8 0x404578 0x400000)
fixme:ole:CoInitializeSecurity (0x12dcc8,-1,(nil),(nil),4,3,(nil),0,(nil)) - stub!
fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceW ((null),L"Viewpoint Manager Service"): stub
fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0004,0x0000,0x00000000,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x7e30d984,(nil)): stub
fixme:advapi:DeregisterEventSource (0xcafe4242) stub
Failed to load DLL ATAPlugIn.ax