steam stop as soon as it's started

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Cr0k
Level 3
Level 3

steam stop as soon as it's started

Post by Cr0k »

Hi there.
I just ran Steam on my desktop (Gentoo AMD64, wine-1.3.21 (but I also had the problem with previous versions of wine), and it stops with these messages :

Code: Select all

wine Steam.exe 
fixme:process:SetProcessShutdownParameters (00000100, 00000000): partial stub.
err:secur32:SECUR32_initSchannelSP TLS library not found, SSL connections will fail
err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path.
err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HDA NVidia, disabling mixer
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {77f10cf0-3db5-4966-b520-b7c54fd35ed6} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {77f10cf0-3db5-4966-b520-b7c54fd35ed6} could be created for context 0x1
Assert( Assertion Failed: bRet ):.\hardware_win32.cpp:583

fixme:dbghelp:elf_search_auxv can't find symbol in module
fixme:winhttp:WinHttpGetIEProxyConfigForCurrentUser returning no proxy used
fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationA (hwnd=0x100c4, filter=0x32d588,flags=0x00000004) returns a fake device notification handle!
fixme:winhttp:WinHttpGetIEProxyConfigForCurrentUser returning no proxy used
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32d02c,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:appbar:SHAppBarMessage unknown msg: 4
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETSTATE): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETAUTOHIDEBAR, hwnd=(nil), edge=3): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETAUTOHIDEBAR, hwnd=(nil), edge=1): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETAUTOHIDEBAR, hwnd=(nil), edge=0): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETAUTOHIDEBAR, hwnd=(nil), edge=2): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETAUTOHIDEBAR, hwnd=(nil), edge=3): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETAUTOHIDEBAR, hwnd=(nil), edge=1): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETAUTOHIDEBAR, hwnd=(nil), edge=0): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETAUTOHIDEBAR, hwnd=(nil), edge=2): stub
fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x3955320, 0x3fab738, {3dada31d-19ef-4dc1-b345-037927193422}, 1, 0x3f83b24, (null), (null), 0x3fab750,): stub
fixme:dbghelp:elf_search_auxv can't find symbol in module
Does anyone know what I can do to solve it?
vitamin

Re: steam stop as soon as it's started

Post by vitamin »

Cr0k wrote:err:secur32:SECUR32_initSchannelSP TLS library not found, SSL connections will fail
err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path.
err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
You will have to fix these 2 problems.
Cr0k
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Cr0k »

Do I really have to install samba? I haven't got any winbind package on gentoo :/
Cr0k
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Cr0k »

Ok, so I installed samba, it solved the issue of ntlm_auth & wibind. But I also installed gnutls, and I always have the TLS library problem :/
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

Not wanting to suggest "you shouldn't start your journey from here"...but!

But I always thought Gentoo was for advanced users that like to make their lives difficult 8)
Using Linux-Mint I don't have any issues running the Steam client (I think it was out-of-the-box pretty much). Ubuntu and Linux-Mint haven't grown to be two of the biggest desktop distro's without a reason.

I might consider installing Arch-Linux, Slack or something similar in a year or two... When I have a lot of experience under my belt.

The Ubuntu repositories (and standard install) blow most other distros out of the water simply for there breadth and ease of use. My recent experiences with Debian, Fedora, and OpenSUSE were not to positive! Not to say they are 'bad' but I had to jump through hoops to get stuff installed. OpenSUSE I wanted to install something - it wasn't in the repository so I thought OK I'll compile it from source. The source code's compile-time dependencies weren't in the extended repositories either... :cry:

Just a thought anyway... 8)

Bob
vitamin

Post by vitamin »

Bob Wya wrote:blah blah blah
And your reply related to the problem how? If you want to bash some distros around - GO SOME OTHER PLACE! This is Wine forum.
vitamin

Post by vitamin »

Cr0k wrote:Ok, so I installed samba, it solved the issue of ntlm_auth & wibind. But I also installed gnutls, and I always have the TLS library problem :/
You didn't say if Steam is working or not.
Cr0k
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Cr0k »

No, it's not.