toruble downloading programs using winebottler

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
bmarquis

Post by bmarquis »

hey all,

I've been dying to be able to play roller coaster tycoon 2 on my macbook using wine and winebottler, but im having some problems. Everytime i try to download the program, it gets to the spot where it says turn on coreaudio, and then stalls, and then an error message comes up saying prefix creation exited with error, followed by, you find a logfile to help with degguing on your desktop and this comes up in winebottler...

###BOTTLING### default.sh
###BOTTLING### Gathering debug Info...

Versions
OS...........................: darwin10.0
Wine.........................: 1.1.44
WineBottler..................: 1.1.44

Environment
PWD..........................: '/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin'
PATH.........................: /usr/gnu/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:.
WINEPATH.....................: /Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH..............: /Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib
DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH...: /usr/lib:/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib
FONTCONFIG_FILE..............: /Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/etc/fonts/fonts.conf
DIPSPLAY.....................: /tmp/launch-XofQ9F/org.x:0
SILENT.......................:
http_proxy...................:
https_proxy..................:
ftp_proxy....................:
socks5_proxy.................:

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP55.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.47f2
Serial Number (system): W89429G066E
Hardware UUID: 111161C7-FFFF-5AE3-9333-74902AFD4027
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

###BOTTLING### Create .app...
###BOTTLING### Turn on Coreaudio...
err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out
###BOTTLING### Sandboxing...
find: /Users/Lappy/Downloads/RCT 2.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/users/Lappy: No such file or directory
### LOG ### Command 'find /Users/Lappy/Downloads/RCT 2.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/users/Lappy -name * -type l -exec sh -c rm "{}"; mkdir -p "{}" ;' returned status 1.

###ERROR### Command 'find /Users/Lappy/Downloads/RCT 2.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/users/Lappy -name * -type l -exec sh -c rm "{}"; mkdir -p "{}" ;' returned status 1.
Task returned with status 15.

all i want to do its be able to run the .exe file, which also comes up as a .app file. I'm pretty amateur with all this stuff so any and all help is appreciated, thanks!

-B
dimesio

Re: toruble downloading programs using winebottler

Post by dimesio »

bmarquis wrote: WineBottler..................: 1.1.44
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-aeffd8e ... c926cb1235
James Mckenzie

Post by James Mckenzie »

bmarquis <[email protected]> wrote:
hey all,

I've been dying to be able to play roller coaster tycoon 2 on my macbook using wine and winebottler, but im having some problems. Everytime i try to download the program, it gets to the spot where it says turn on coreaudio, and then stalls, and then an error message comes up saying prefix creation exited with error, followed by, you find a logfile to help with degguing on your desktop and this comes up in winebottler...
One: You need to update your version of WineBottler.
Two: For any other assistance with WineBottler, you need to contact the author, unless it is a Wine error that can be repeated in Wine obtained from either MacPorts or Fink.

James McKenzie
bmarquis

Post by bmarquis »

thanks, i got it to install, just now it pops up in a window all white and doesnt load, any further suggestions?
vitamin

Post by vitamin »

bmarquis wrote:thanks, i got it to install, just now it pops up in a window all white and doesnt load, any further suggestions?
You installed plain vanilla Wine?
bmarquis

Post by bmarquis »

vitamin wrote:
bmarquis wrote:thanks, i got it to install, just now it pops up in a window all white and doesnt load, any further suggestions?
You installed plain vanilla Wine?
no i installed with wine/winebottler combo and the screen comes up as a windows pop out with the rct logo on the corner, but the inside of the window is blank and nothing loads, i've updated wine and winebottler and tried using wineskin, but no luck so far
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by doh123 »

The reason support for 3rd party apps isn't here is many...

if you did try Wineskin, you need to use the "Test Run (Debug Mode)" button to run it the first time at least in Wineskin.app... after it ends for whatever reason you'll be able to view a Wine log which is normal Wine console output.... it could tell what is going on.
bmarquis

Post by bmarquis »

doh123 wrote:The reason support for 3rd party apps isn't here is many...

if you did try Wineskin, you need to use the "Test Run (Debug Mode)" button to run it the first time at least in Wineskin.app... after it ends for whatever reason you'll be able to view a Wine log which is normal Wine console output.... it could tell what is going on.
did that and this came up...

X11.app: DISPLAY does not look like a launchd set variable, unsetting.
X11.app: main(): argc=12
argv[0] = /Users/Lappy/Applications/Wineskin/RCT2.app/Contents/MacOS/WineskinX11
argv[1] = :5773
argv[2] = -depth
argv[3] = 24
argv[4] = +xinerama
argv[5] = -br
argv[6] = -fp
argv[7] = /usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/encodings,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/misc,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/OTF,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/TTF,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/Type1,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/util
argv[8] = -xkbdir
argv[9] = /Users/Lappy/Applications/Wineskin/RCT2.app/Contents/Resources/WineskinEngine.bundle/X11/share/X11/xkb
argv[10] = +extension
argv[11] = /tmp/Wineskin/bin/quartz-wm
bootstrap_register(): unknown error code

wine: cannot find the server port: 0x0000044e

sorry to be a pain, im pretty beginner with all this and all i want is to play this game and its becoming pretty frustrating.
vitamin

Post by vitamin »

bmarquis wrote: argv[0] = /Users/Lappy/Applications/Wineskin/RCT2.app/Contents/MacOS/WineskinX11
You've been told, 3rd party additions to Wine are not supported here.

Topic closed.