Problem with shortcut

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
sample

Problem with shortcut

Post by sample »

Ive made a shortcut to an EXE which relies on another EXE (both exe's are in the same folder).

If the shortcut is placed on the desktop, it will not work and report something about EXE not found.

If i run the shortcut from within the directory which contains both EXE's, it will work.

How do i get the shortcut to work? I think it had something to do with the equivalent of window's "Start In" property.
Dan Kegel

Problem with shortcut

Post by Dan Kegel »

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 3:17 AM, sample <[email protected]> wrote:
Ive made a shortcut to an EXE which relies on another EXE (both exe's are in the same folder).

If the shortcut is placed on the desktop, it will not work and report something about EXE not found.

If i run the shortcut from within the directory which contains both EXE's, it will work.

How do i get the shortcut to work? I think it had something to do with the equivalent of window's "Start In" property.
Try having the shortcut use wine start foo.exe instead of wine foo.exe
sample

Post by sample »

Didnt work.
vitamin

Post by vitamin »

sample wrote:Didnt work.
You need to set work directory on your shortcut to be the directory with your program(s). In KDE it's called "Work path" on the Application tab.