uninstall cleanly some programs

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
heavytull
Level 1
Level 1

uninstall cleanly some programs

Post by heavytull »

I installed Tomb Raider II under wine under linux; Since there have been some problems i need to uninstall it. But i'm unable to do that with the wine uninstaller.

when i try to uninstall it through wine uninstaller i get the following error message:
"the file c:\Program Files\Core Design\Uninst.isu is corrupted: fail to uninstall"

so I have to do that manually;

removing the directory c:\Program Files\Core Design is not enough. Wine has written somewhere that it is installed. I would need to know all to do to do a clean uninstall.
SunLight
Level 2
Level 2

Post by SunLight »

If you don't have any other programs installed or settings to keep, remove .wine directory in your home. This is complete wipe out. Wine will rebuild it on next run.
heavytull
Level 1
Level 1

Post by heavytull »

SunLight wrote:If you don't have any other programs installed or settings to keep

I do have quite a lot

, remove .wine directory in your home. This is complete wipe out. Wine will rebuild it on next run.
SunLight
Level 2
Level 2

Post by SunLight »

In such case, there is no smart solution, but manual remove of every installed component. Maybe running "wine regedit" and delete program related keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software , HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software will be sufficient.

Anyway, you could create different prefix for that application, and tell wine to use it, instead of global. Thus much effort and time will be save up.
http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=wineprefix