Wine 1.1.26 - Thank you Wine Dev!

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Cloudef
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Cloudef »

Just compiled newest Wine, it is blazing fast!! And it fixed lots of things including all visual glitches (All i see currently) under Last Remnant. And the game does not seem to crash after playing while anymore!

Thank you!

It is disappointing game developers don't see the potential of Linux, so we are using the potential to get there what wont come to us.

Thank you, one more time :P
superlgn
Level 2
Level 2

Post by superlgn »

I can't get it to compile:

Code: Select all

gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -D__WINESRC__ -D_NTSYSTEM_ -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wwrite-strings -Wtype-limits -Wpointer-arith  -g -O2  -o cdrom.o cdrom.c
cdrom.c: In function 'GetInquiryData':
cdrom.c:2078: error: 'INQUIRY' undeclared (first use in this function)
cdrom.c:2078: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
cdrom.c:2078: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [cdrom.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/logan/tmp/wine-1.1.26/dlls/ntdll'
make[1]: *** [ntdll] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/logan/tmp/wine-1.1.26/dlls'
make: *** [dlls] Error 2
I ran a diff on cdrom.c and it's unchanged since 1.1.25. There are some differences on ntdll, but nothing containing "INQUIRY" and a diff of the whole tree doesn't show anything like that.. I looked through the source and saw some references to INQUIRY and 0x12, but I don't know if that's the correct.
Cloudef
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Cloudef »

Try to delete the folder and checkout again. Perhaps it solves it.
sgcb

Post by sgcb »

I'm getting this error message as well. Deleting and restoring the directory doesn't seem to work either.
superlgn
Level 2
Level 2

Post by superlgn »

I changed "INQUIRY" on line 2078 of dlls/ntdll/cdrom.c to "0x12":

UCHAR inquiry[INQ_CMD_LEN] = {0x12, 0, 0, 0, INQ_REPLY_LEN, 0};
This may not be the right fix, but I managed to install swkotor 1 & 2 from dvd and played some gta3 without any issues.

1.1.25 no longer compiles for me, so I wonder if it's caused by a Debian (unstable) upgrade gone bad or something. :/
superlgn
Level 2
Level 2

Post by superlgn »

Ah, I see it now. I no longer have a /usr/include/scsi/scsi.h with libc6-dev 2.9-20. It's there in stable (2.7-18) and must have been there up until this most recent package (files dated July 13th). Wine's ./configure script tests for its existence, but I guess they always figure "INQUIRY" will be defined or it's just an oversight. I'm not quite sure if this is a mistake on Debian's part or what, but 0x12 appears to be the proper value:

-(~) grep INQUIRY /usr/include/scsi/scsi.h
#define INQUIRY               0x12
superlgn
Level 2
Level 2

Post by superlgn »

Sorry for the spam, but I can't edit posts here.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=535809
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=537354

Seems like it's something to do with the migration to eglibc, two packages fighting over scsi/scsi.h, and changes that removed it from both. Someone in the first bug suggested waiting until 2.6.31 comes out, but that's going to be months from now. If they don't fix the packages soon (assuming you're using unstable Debian like me), you could download libc6-dev from squeeze (http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/libc6-dev) and "dpkg -x libc6-dev_2.9-12_xxx.deb ." to extract the files, then copy usr/include/scsi/scsi.h to /usr/include/scsi. Stable has the exact same files too, they probably don't change often..
austin987
Wine Developer
Wine Developer

Post by austin987 »

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 10:44 PM, superlgn<[email protected]> wrote:
Ah, I see it now. I no longer have a /usr/include/scsi/scsi.h with libc6-dev 2.9-20. It's there in stable (2.7-18) and must have been there up until this most recent package (files dated July 13th). Wine's ./configure script tests for its existence, but I guess they always figure "INQUIRY" will be defined or it's just an oversight. I'm not quite sure if this is a mistake on Debian's part or what, but 0x12 appears to be the proper value:

Code:
-(~) grep INQUIRY /usr/include/scsi/scsi.h
#define INQUIRY               0x12
You could try this patch:
diff --git a/dlls/ntdll/cdrom.c b/dlls/ntdll/cdrom.c
index 574f737..634fd1e 100644
--- a/dlls/ntdll/cdrom.c
+++ b/dlls/ntdll/cdrom.c
@@ -2071,6 +2071,9 @@ static NTSTATUS DVD_ReadStructure(int dev, const
DVD_READ_STRUCTURE *structure,
static NTSTATUS GetInquiryData(int fd, PSCSI_ADAPTER_BUS_INFO
BufferOut, DWORD OutBufferSize)
{
#ifdef HAVE_SG_IO_HDR_T_INTERFACE_ID
+#ifndef INQUIRY
+#define INQUIRY 0x12
+#endif
PSCSI_INQUIRY_DATA pInquiryData = NULL;
UCHAR sense_buffer[32];
int iochk, version;

--
-Austin
Quix0r
Level 3
Level 3

Compiled!

Post by Quix0r »

That little patch did it here. :) I can now continue with compiling. Now, we should test it further more. I have a SCSI DVD here so I think I can give it a try. :)