WIne - HL2 and cursor

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
L33t Masta

WIne - HL2 and cursor

Post by L33t Masta »

I'm having an issue with WINE and HL2 and games on steam. I am a new Linux user (sorry). I can't get HL2 or any games to go true fullscreen to cover my panels on the top and bottom and also in Audiosurf and HL2 and whatnot I can't get the cursor to register properly. It's always above where the actual cursor is on the screen. Is there a way to fix these 2 issues?
vitamin

Re: WIne - HL2 and cursor

Post by vitamin »

L33t Masta wrote:I'm having an issue with WINE and HL2 and games on steam. I am a new Linux user (sorry). I can't get HL2 or any games to go true fullscreen to cover my panels on the top and bottom and also in Audiosurf and HL2 and whatnot I can't get the cursor to register properly. It's always above where the actual cursor is on the screen. Is there a way to fix these 2 issues?
What Wine version? Have you followed the HOWTOs for Steam and HL2 on AppDB?
What video card? What version drivers? What distro? Are are you using beril/compiz?
L33t Masta

Post by L33t Masta »

vitamin wrote:
L33t Masta wrote:I'm having an issue with WINE and HL2 and games on steam. I am a new Linux user (sorry). I can't get HL2 or any games to go true fullscreen to cover my panels on the top and bottom and also in Audiosurf and HL2 and whatnot I can't get the cursor to register properly. It's always above where the actual cursor is on the screen. Is there a way to fix these 2 issues?
What Wine version? Have you followed the HOWTOs for Steam and HL2 on AppDB?
What video card? What version drivers? What distro? Are are you using beril/compiz?
The newest version 0.9.58. Yes I followed the how-tos. Ubuntu 8.10. 8600M GT. Newest drivers. Using Compiz.
vitamin

Post by vitamin »

L33t Masta wrote:Using Compiz.
Don't. It's buggy and breaks Wine full-screen apps. These exact two problems are caused by it.