Graphical Errors in WoW, latest wine version

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
moosh311

Graphical Errors in WoW, latest wine version

Post by moosh311 »

installed WoW, i log in, and i cannot see the enviornment. The chat log, bags, bars, etc work fine, but i cant see anything.

Has anyone else encountered this? If so, any idea how i can fix it? If i made a mistake while installing(or something similar), let me know and i will gladly do it again.

Thank you.

Oh, i forgot. Im using Ubuntu 7.1, and the most recent wine version.
Jim
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Graphical Errors in WoW, latest wine version

Post by Jim »

moosh311 wrote:installed WoW, i log in, and i cannot see the enviornment. The chat log, bags, bars, etc work fine, but i cant see anything.

Has anyone else encountered this? If so, any idea how i can fix it? If i made a mistake while installing(or something similar), let me know and i will gladly do it again.

Thank you.

Oh, i forgot. Im using Ubuntu 7.1, and the most recent wine version.
Find and edit Config.wtf and add the following line (or change the existing line if already present)

Set UIFaster "0"

The default value is 3. A value of 2 may work as well.

Let me know if this works. Are you using an ATI card?
moosh311

Post by moosh311 »

Well, i can see things now (and my char screen isnt as buggy), but now the wierdest thing is happening. Whenever anything is around, and sometimes even my own character causes it, i will "pick up" things. Example- a dwarf walks by, now i am looking at the inside of his armor/weapon/hair or something of that sort. Whenever nobody is around the enviornment is all white, just the basics. Nope, im not using an ATI card.

Thanks for the help, it resolved part of the problem.