Sim City 4 Deluxe OpenGL Mouse Scrolling Edge

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
dave370
Level 1
Level 1

Sim City 4 Deluxe OpenGL Mouse Scrolling Edge

Post by dave370 »

Hi,
I added the OpenGL parameter to Sim City 4 Deluxe. It works and the game is much faster running in OpenGL but if I use the mouse to scroll to the edge of the screen it doesn't work. I nearly added this as a bug but decided to ask at the forum first (I have searched WineHQ's Bugzilla and couldn't find anything like this problem). I have tested this and Mouse Scrolling does work without the OpenGL parameter.
vitamin

Re: Sim City 4 Deluxe OpenGL Mouse Scrolling Edge

Post by vitamin »

dave370 wrote:Hi,
I added the OpenGL parameter to Sim City 4 Deluxe. It works and the game is much faster running in OpenGL but if I use the mouse to scroll to the edge of the screen it doesn't work. I nearly added this as a bug but decided to ask at the forum first (I have searched WineHQ's Bugzilla and couldn't find anything like this problem). I have tested this and Mouse Scrolling does work without the OpenGL parameter.
Sounds like this bug: http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6971
dave370
Level 1
Level 1

Post by dave370 »

I don't think it would be as I have come across this bug before (Playing Raven Shield and one other game) and I think it has to do with dinput which is DirectX not OpenGL. If it is though, I wish the severity level would be elevated for this bug as I keep on running into it. It is currently set to 'Normal' which is for a single application crash or loss of functionality. Looking at the many comments for the bug, 'Major' would better describe it.