multiping and ping plotter show 100% loss

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
cunfuzd4

multiping and ping plotter show 100% loss

Post by cunfuzd4 »

Hi all, I am very new to wine and was able to successfully install it from the rpmforge repository. I was able to install multiping and ping plotter but when I try to use these programs to ping, they show 100% packet loss. Has anyone been able to setup these ping utilities to work in wine?
vitamin

Re: multiping and ping plotter show 100% loss

Post by vitamin »

cunfuzd4 wrote:Hi all, I am very new to wine and was able to successfully install it from the rpmforge repository. I was able to install multiping and ping plotter but when I try to use these programs to ping, they show 100% packet loss. Has anyone been able to setup these ping utilities to work in wine?
Ping won't work for regular user. And running Wine as root is highly discouraged.
You should find comparable (probable much better) tools for Linux instead. You don't want to mix Wine into any kind of testing.
grantbow

Post by grantbow »

If you can suggest any good alternatives, please do. I know I've looked more than once.
grantbow

Post by grantbow »

I got this working OK after I installed and ran it as root. Reports here.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=17231
oiaohm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by oiaohm »

There are capiblities that can be assigned so root is not required to make that work. grantbow.