CnC3 binds to the wrong interface, cannot see the network

Questions about Wine on Linux
KenSharp
Level 4
Level 4

CnC3 binds to the wrong interface, cannot see the network

Post by KenSharp »

I am trying to get network gaming working for Command & Conquer 3 but I've hit a snag. Apparently it binds to the wrong interface and therefore cannot see the rest of the network.

Code: Select all

udp   UNCONN 0      0                                   0.0.0.0%pan1:8086        0.0.0.0:*    users:(("cnc3ep1.dat",pid=80724,fd=115),("wineserver",pid=80525,fd=358))
Here, pan1 is not my main NIC, eno1 is (actually br0 is). I see no way that I can change where it binds.

I tried ForceBindIP but that made no difference.
Indeed, CnC3 even offers the option to select the IP from a list it found:

Image[/url]

Unfortunately this makes no difference.

As a user with sudo access I can set up a new network namespace and bridge it onto the network, but as a regular user this isn't an option (on Ubuntu anyway).
(There's also the issue that audio plays through my PC speaker and not my monitor)

ForceBindIP mentions that there is an option to bind to an interface identifier obtained from the following registry path, but this doesn't seem to exist in Wine.

Code: Select all

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces
Does anyone have a solution? I suspect there may be a Wine issue here, but I didn't want to open a bug report without first knowing what, exactly, that might be. Is the fact that the wrong interface is chosen a Wine bug? I haven't tested the behaviour under Windows... yet.

Having to use a netns is not ideal.