Problems with Wine after updating my OS

Questions about Wine on Linux
BlackCaT18

Problems with Wine after updating my OS

Post by BlackCaT18 »

Hello, this is my first post in Wine since I have a very annoying problem when running a game on Linux

Starting with updating my Zorin OS system based on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS from one version to another (16.3 to 17.1), I only had problems with this game, since I have other games and programs that run without problems, the difference between the two is that this game asks to have the disc inserted in a DVD recorder for reasons of avoiding piracy. I previously extracted the disk image to an .iso format file to avoid the DVD and it worked without problems before updating the system. It is worth mentioning that I have reinstalled Wine in its stable version (currently 9.0) and have deleted the .wine directory to have the freshest installation possible. Running the game from the console results in an error that after many attempts I have not been able to solve, which is the following:

wine: Read access denied for device L"\??\D:\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
(D: mentions the virtual drive that Wine creates to access the mounted image)

and after that it mentions a .dll file and the terminal goes into a loop until I close the terminal

04c0:err:sync:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 7BD7A2C0 "dlls/ntdll/loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 04c0, blocked by 04bc, retrying (60 sec)