I am having trouble getting the latest version of Clip Studio to run

Questions about Wine on Linux
chordata

I am having trouble getting the latest version of Clip Studio to run

Post by chordata »

So I downloaded the latest install for Clip Studio Paint (CSP_234w_setup.exe) and, with some hassle, got it to install, although it did get stuck on the final loading thing for over 10 minutes (I force quit it and I don't think its caused any problems).

Now, when I run it, I get a pop up about microsoft edge being unavailable and using internet explorer. Issue is, I'm on linux, neither of those are on my computer. When clicking "close" on those popups, it opens 5 tabs of Clip Studio, all blank and unnamed, and then I get notified that "[blank] is not responding."

I installed Edge and attempted to get Clip Studio running again, and then got a popup that I need the latest version of Edge to use it, and everything is still a blank unnamed tab. Is there a way to fix this?
missionfailure

Re: I am having trouble getting the latest version of Clip Studio to run

Post by missionfailure »

Definitely need more information:
What Distro are you using?
What version of Wine are you using? 9.2 or 9.3?
Are you using winetricks?
Are you installing into a prefix?

There's a bug in 9.3 that's causing the text to not appear on CSP windows. You don't need to install IE or Edge to use CSP. You will need Wine Gecko. You may need to change the winecfg from windows 10/11 to 8.1 as well since CSP may or may not crash with it set to 10 depending on code changes made in each version of WINE. You will have to reinstall CSP if you force quit installation as it doesn't sound like it succeeded in installing correctly. After CSP installs correctly it should ask if you'd like to launch it.

Check your package manager for: Latest version of Gecko and Wine 9.2 then follow the AppDB for additional workarounds if you need them. https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=15102