How to properly uninstall dlls installed by winetricks?

Questions about Wine on Linux
Rabcor
Level 1
Level 1

How to properly uninstall dlls installed by winetricks?

Post by Rabcor »

I have used winetricks to install a DLL file (gdiplus) for one of my proton prefixes to solve an issue. The issue was solved.

Now I am trying to unsolve it for some testing,and I have tried deleting and re-generating the proton prefix, I have gone to winetricks, change settings and set: alldlls=default

But something still clearly remains of this dll because the problem is still not recurring, (I know with 100% certainty that installing this dll is what resolved the issue, error literally stated it was a gdiplus problem too)
How am I actually supposed to do this? A web search turned up nothing except what i have already tried.

I remember having a similar issue with a dotnet package on another prefix, i deleted the prefix and re-generated it and dotnet was still somehow installed, to uninstall it i had to run the uninstaller in winetricks to properly remove it, wich is strange, where is it stored if it is not in the prefix? Is it just installed on all prefixes if i install it on one? I am so confused here.
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: How to properly uninstall dlls installed by winetricks?

Post by jkfloris »

You can try to uninstall a DLL file that was installed with Winetricks with:
- remove the DLL override in winecfg from the Libraries tab
- delete the DLL files from the windows/system32 and windows/syswow64 directories
- repair the prefix with: wineboot -u

I don't know what happened with the dotnet prefix.