Controller mapping in Wine is wrong, though Linux sees the controller correctly.

Questions about Wine on Linux
Krach

Controller mapping in Wine is wrong, though Linux sees the controller correctly.

Post by Krach »

Hello,
I have Bluetooth controller (Nokia GC 5000, but that is not important.) That I use to play games on Android and my Linux computer. It was working great till I installed Wine 9.0 Stable when I reinstalled my computer. Before I was using Wine 6 from Linux Mint software manager, but 9.0 has better performance for me. But the real problem is the controller. DPad, A B X Y, start/select and L/R buttons are mapped correctly. Left joystick also works. But Right joystick with Left and Right triggers do not. Wine sees my Right Joystick as left and right trigger and on X and Y axis both of them move... I did not find any way to properly configure it to act normally. I tried to follow this tutorial: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1438422 ... how-to-fix but it did not work, also SDL2 gamepad tool acts weirdly.

Linux sees the gamepad correctly and I can map all controls in apps (like PPSSPP emu etc.). Is there any way to fix that? I would be glad for any response and ideas. Thanks