need a trick to run Scandisk Secure Access vault

Questions about Wine on Linux
anasteso1454

need a trick to run Scandisk Secure Access vault

Post by anasteso1454 »

I have a 16gb usb marketed by Scandisk that has its trademark Secure Acess Vault encryption program on it. I think it was last upgraded to v3.0 but I am unsure. I used it to store sensitive data when I needed to access that data from different computers, before I switched from Windows to Linux. I need to access the data from a Linux machine. My system specs are:

Kernel: 5.15.0-78-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 11.3.0 Desktop: Cinnamon 5.4.12
tk: GTK 3.24.33 wm: Mutter dm: LightDM Distro: Linux Mint 21 Vanessa base: Ubuntu 22.04 jammy

Scandisk Secure Access "only works" with Windows or Mac. I am able to locate the usb drive using Wine 8.0. I am also able to locate the executable file via both cmd and gui (using winetricks). When I attempt to run the file I get the following error message: https://imgur.com/fIVGce7

the physical location of the usb is /media/nathan/80B4-BC3D. The drive location in wine is /home/nathan/.wine/dosdevices/e:

I can only guess the program is trying to access the usb drive at its physical location but it aborts when it detects the virtual drive location. Perhaps I am wrong about that. Any ideas?