Run time error on install

Questions about Wine on Linux
coufeyrac

Run time error on install

Post by coufeyrac »

Hello WineHQ Forum!

It's been a while, but I'm happy to see you're still here.

I'm shifting one of our outlets over to Linux and using Wubuntu so they don't react too strongly to change.

When I try to install one bit of proprietary software I get a runtime error which causes the installation to not complete properly and the software can't run - see attached image. In searching I saw this was an error in the past as well, but I haven't seen any recent posts on it.

winetricks wineq-stable and playonlinux are all installed and seem perfectly fine after I check them. I'm happy to share the .exe install files with anyone, but any help would be wonderful. If you need more info or logs, please let me know.

Thanks!
Attachments
runtime error on Ezee installation
runtime error on Ezee installation
coufeyrac

Re: Run time error on install

Post by coufeyrac »

P.S. all versions of winehq-stable, playonlinux, etc. are the latest versions. Wubuntu is 11.3.3 running the Win 10 skin under Cinnamon.
abdu
Level 2
Level 2

Post by abdu »

try get it
e.g.
$ winetricks dlls list |grep -i '........'

or simply
dload of DLL repo sites that got by googling eg "dll provider"

put all dll then in $WINEPREFIX/windows/system32 or ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 (or the end ..... syswow64) ... which one is correct on real case
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by jkfloris »

From the screenshot, it looks like the installer is looking for isskin.dll in the non-existent folder <utf8>C:\....
Does this really happen in the background?
Start the installer with:

Code: Select all

WINEDEBUG=+loaddll,+module wine installer.exe