FL Studio 21.2 Beta not working, MicrrosoftEdgeWebView2Runtime Problems

Questions about Wine on Linux
ReComplexed

FL Studio 21.2 Beta not working, MicrrosoftEdgeWebView2Runtime Problems

Post by ReComplexed »

Hi,
I wanted to check out the new FL Studio BETA with it's new "FL Cloud". I installed the update and everything works fine, except the one new feature, the FL Cloud just shows a blank page.
On the FL Website there's this shown under known issues: "If you use FL Cloud offline, the page will be blank white." I am connected though...
Since Fruity HTML Notebook also isn't working i think it's an issue of MicrosoftEdgeWebView2Runtime. After I installed Microsoft Edge through Wine, the install errors went away, but I am getting this error a lot in the Logs of MicrosoftEdgeWebView2Runtime: "0094:fixme:nsi:ipv6_forward_enumerate_all not implemented"

Non-FL Studio owners can test this out by opening the Fruity HTML Notebook in the most recent version of FL.

Thanks for your feedback!
ReComplexed

Re: FL Studio 21.2 Beta not working, MicrrosoftEdgeWebView2Runtime Problems

Post by ReComplexed »

Note that Unlocking FL Studio with it's online method fully works, and it's new automatic download of updates is also fully functional. Maybe this is also just purely a graphical issue and the webpage just doesn't get shown?
exodrifter
Level 1
Level 1

Re: FL Studio 21.2 Beta not working, MicrrosoftEdgeWebView2Runtime Problems

Post by exodrifter »

According to a report from another user on WineHQ, you'll need to install Edge in order for it to work:
Sven Boekelder wrote: The installation of WebView2 Runtime separately does not work in Wine for now, but you can install Edge for Windows.

For this, you will have to run winecfg and set your Windows version to 7, and install Edge for Windows 7/8 from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/download

Even though this makes the Sounds tab work, it can be very glitchy when interacting.