Shader needs 17 samplers, but only 16 are supported.

Questions about Wine on Linux
cantwin

Shader needs 17 samplers, but only 16 are supported.

Post by cantwin »

I'm getting this FIXME while running World of Warcraft on many older DX11 video (AMD/HD6520G and Intel/Ivybridge, these are laptops):

01a0:fixme:d3d:wined3d_context_gl_bind_shader_resources Shader 00007F0FBBD750B0 needs 17 samplers, but only 16 are supported.

All these cards have a lot of blacked out or straight colored areas that make it impossible to see what's behind them. Typically large portions of the screen is blacked out, sometimes it flickers, and sometimes I can move a bit and the screen appears - but only when outside typically. Buildings and indoors in the game tends to be solid colored.

Unfortunately I don't quite understand what hardware resources translates to software resources, but does the FIXME mean it can be fixed at some point or is this a "hard" failure as in my hardware will never be able to support 17 samplers?

I have some older DX12 cards that seem to work fine and one DX11 (Intel/Haswell) on die graphics that also seems to work fine, but I wonder if it's possible for all my cards to at least render somewhat even if it's slow?