Application window fixed regardless of virtual desktop size

Questions about Wine on Linux
PaulR

Application window fixed regardless of virtual desktop size

Post by PaulR »

Hello, after spending all day trying to get the game 'Might & Magic VII' to work under Lutris, PlayOnLinux and OpenEnroth I tried using wine directly and managed to get the game to run. It will only run if I set up a virtual desktop but then it ignores the virtual desktop size and appears as a small window which can't be resized or made fullscreen. I've tried different virtual desktop sizes up to my screen resolution)

There doesn't appear to be a config file (*.ini for example) for the game itself which can be edited to change its resolution and likewise, there's no option within the game to choose a resolution. My desktop is 1920x1080 and I guess the game window is 640x480 which is too small to be playable.

Is there likely to be any way to increase the size of the game's window? I've looked at the FAQ and searched the forum but can't find an answer.

TIA

Paul
PaulR

Re: Application window fixed regardless of virtual desktop size [Solved]

Post by PaulR »

I found a patch here: https://grayface.github.io/mm/ which fixes the issue and improves many other aspects of the game. It's simple a case of editing the ini file to change resolution etc.