Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteConnection error on Wine x64

Questions about Wine on Linux
latticeman

Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteConnection error on Wine x64

Post by latticeman »

Hello!

I recently installed wine for the first time on Arch Linux following the instructions on the Arch wiki. I was looking to install the Paprika 3 recipe manager (which is present on the AppDB), so I followed the link at https://www.paprikaapp.com/windows/ and ran msiexec on the trial installation msi. It threw an error about the .NET framework being missing, so I installed the dotnet471 package through winetricks (as the wine-mono package wasn't working for me), as well as allfont and fontsmooth-rgb. This matches the necessary requirements listed on AppDB, and I was able to complete the msiexec process. However, upon running wine and pointing to Paprika.exe, I see a pop-up box with the following message:

Code: Select all

There was an issue initializing the database.

The type initializer for `Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteConnction` threw an error. 
I have not seen any documentation of this error elsewhere and I'm not entirely sure how to proceed from here. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it! I'd be happy to provide additional information about my system and configuration steps as needed.