Add DLLs that aren't on the wintricks library

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
phuesx

Add DLLs that aren't on the wintricks library

Post by phuesx »

Hello,
I'm trying to install my network provider software on my Kali linux machine using wine because it's a xxxxxx.exe file. But after i installed wine with all his configuration that comes with it, and then run the command "wine Aruba.exe" it says :

wine ArubaQuickConnect.exe
010c:err:module:import_dll Loading library eappcfg.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\users\\adem\\Temp\\QuickConnect.exe") failed (error c000007b).
010c:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Importing dlls for L"C:\\users\\adem\\Temp\\QuickConnect.exe" failed, status c0000135

I tried to download the eappcfg.dll separatly but i couldn't add it to the library of winetricks using a lot of tutos but nothing worked.
Can you help me please with that error because it's quiet essential for my work.
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Add DLLs that aren't on the wintricks library

Post by jkfloris »

You don't need winetricks for this.
Wine also looks for DLL files in the directory where the exe file is located. So you can to put eappcfg.dll in the same folder as ArubaQuickConnect.exe

Do you really need the software? If you need it to connect to the Internet, I don't expect Wine is going to help you. Kali Linux probably has all the tools you need to connect.
phuesx

Post by phuesx »

I need the software because my school has a protocol where the wifi to register your device takes you to a web page to download that file, but when i get o that page it says "os incompatible". So i did the same thing with my friend's laptop (who have win10 on it) so i registered with my logins and then downloaded Arubaquickconnect.exe and put it on my USB. then i tried to lauch it on wine but says the .dll is missing. That's why i need it ASAP since we started school 3 weeks ago now.
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by jkfloris »

It looks like ArubaQuickConnect doesn't do much more than set some Windows network settings. I don't expect this will work with Wine.
You could ask your school's network administrator what settings are required.