installing a game from multiple ISO's

Questions about Wine on Linux
vbeh123

installing a game from multiple ISO's

Post by vbeh123 »

Hi everyone
I had this problem, installing Mafia 1 (Lost heaven). it has three ISO's and Bottles didn't recognize the CD-2 Image. I know some people had this problem before but some methods they suggested were a little more complicated than what I found and "Wine eject" didn't worked for me either. the issues/questions/posts are closed so I can't add this answer there. so please be patient with me and direct me to the right place if needed.
------
Issue: Wine doesn't recognize CD-2 and CD-3
-------
the directory of virtual drives in my Linux are here: /run/user/1000/doc
doc is not a real directory so you can't paste anything here. that's why people suggested mounting the drive to Wine which could be a little complicated for a beginner. I realized the drives are mounted but as empty folders, Wine only recognizes certain files if you run the file using wine (it doesn't need to be a *.exe file, as long as Wine looks at it it's fine) so you should mount your ISOs then click on installation files and run them with Wine. of course nothing will happen but now you can find the files in the folders located here /run/user/1000/doc
----
Answer: mount every ISO you have(right click on ISO-mount). run the installation from the first ISO. when the installation asked for the second CD directory, go to mounted drives with your file browser and run the file in there with Wine(right click-open with another application-choosing Wine/Bottles or whatever you have from list) (nothing will happen). now one of the folders in the /run/... has the needed data for installation (for example: /run/user/1000/doc/f9db9b61/install.W02)
now you should enter this address in the installation window that asked for CD-2.
-----
sorry if it seems stupid or something. I hope someone finds this useful.