Finding "lld-link" Tool

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
SourLemon

Finding "lld-link" Tool

Post by SourLemon »

So far in the quick start process I found on the README file in the Wine download package, I have finally completed "/.configure" and now need to run "make". However, I was returned with error 1 and that winebuild couldn't "find the 'lld-link' tool". I'm pretty sure it is on my computer, since the configure script didn't return the error saying that the "lld-link" tool wasn't installed. What is "lld-link" tool and how do I get Wine to find it?
SourLemon

Update: Finding "lld-link" Tool

Post by SourLemon »

That was a fluke, but then another error popped up: "conditional branch requires assembler-local label. '.L__wine_syscall_dispatcher_return' is external." A quick search shows that the ".L__wine_syscall_dispatcher_return" is 4 files in the Wine directory, so I'm not sure if I'm interpreting "external" as "outside the Wine directory" is correct. I would guess it means "not in the right place", but I also don't know what the right place is. Should I move these files from the dlls directory into the wine directory, or will that break the lld tool?