How to install latest wine64-tools along with winehq-stable?

Questions about Wine on Linux
ptrtdrv
Level 1
Level 1

How to install latest wine64-tools along with winehq-stable?

Post by ptrtdrv »

I have installed the latest wine (winehq-stable) from a repository as explained in the wiki page - https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu
I'm trying to build a C++ project downloaded from Github which uses wine libraries, but it fails to build because of missing include files:

Code: Select all

make build ARCH=x86_64 M=64
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/orpheus/wineasio'
gcc -c -I. -Irtaudio/include -I/usr/include/wine -I/usr/include/wine/windows -I/usr/include/wine-development -I/usr/include/wine-development/wine/windows -I/opt/wine-stable/include -I/opt/wine-stable/include/wine/windows -I/opt/wine-staging/include -I/opt/wine-staging/include/wine/windows  -m64 -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith -Werror=implicit-function-declaration  -DNATIVE_INT64 -O2 -DNDEBUG -fvisibility=hidden -o build64/asio.c.o asio.c
asio.c:44:10: fatal error: objbase.h: No such file or directory
   44 | #include "objbase.h"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [Makefile.mk:102: build64/asio.c.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/orpheus/wineasio'
make: *** [Makefile:18: 64] Error 2
The missing files are supposed to be found within /usr/include/wine , /usr/include/wine-development, /opt/wine-stable/include and so on, but I can't find these folder on my machine. I suppose that these folders are supposed to be installed with the libwine-dev (and probably libwine) package from Apt (apt-get install libwine-dev libwine). Unfortunately the default repository on my Ubuntu provides an old version of that package meant to work with wine 6.0.3, rather than the latest wine which I have installed with winehq-stable package. So if I try to use the old version the compilation fails at linking stage. Can you please, explain how to install a version of that library that is meant to work with the latest wine (winehq-stable) in order to compile that project? The name of the project that I want to compile is WineAsio (https://github.com/wineasio/wineasio) - for those who are curious to know.
ptrtdrv
Level 1
Level 1

Re: How to install latest wine64-tools along with winehq-stable?

Post by ptrtdrv »

Excuse me for the fault be the title is misleading. It should be "How to install latest libwine-dev along with winehq-stable?"
ptrtdrv
Level 1
Level 1

Re: How to install latest wine64-tools along with winehq-stable?

Post by ptrtdrv »

Problem resolved! I had to install winehq-stable-dev

Code: Select all

apt-get install wine-stable-dev