Limited Space on C Drive?

Questions about Wine on macOS.
skelepibs

Limited Space on C Drive?

Post by skelepibs »

Hi,

So I know next to nothing about what I'm doing here but I'll explain the best I can. I'm using portingkit and I've installed Steambuild 2 on it in order to test what games will and won't work. I have roughly 200gb free on my M1, but when I try to install something through Steambuild 2, it says I only have 40gb free. I can't figure out why. It's done this with the 64bit version as well.
I couldn't find a hidden partition anywhere, and the reason I'm here is that my best guest so far is that somehow the c: drive is being created with limited space. At one point it was 60gb. I have no clue why. It's like it's just not reading all the free space I actually have, and for some reason is only reading 40gb as free.

When I checked with disk utility, the "available" space on everything is roughly the same, but under 'data' it reads the full 200gb I actually have free to use. I don't really know what's going on. I used to have parallels but I have since uninstalled it. I don't have any time machine backups and its set to manual.

Maybe I'm completely wrong and this is the dumbest thing you've ever read, but it's why I'm here. If anyone has any ideas or needs more info, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Limited Space on C Drive?

Post by jkfloris »

The "C drive" is a folder in your home directory.
How much disk space do you have left in your home directory?

Code: Select all

df -h ~