wine file dialog on applications take a long time to show up everytime.

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
hradec

wine file dialog on applications take a long time to show up everytime.

Post by hradec »

Hi there.

I'm having trouble with the latest wine 8.5 (and also I tested with some other versions down to 6.2 and got the same problem) where the file dialog takes an unusual long time to show up.
I'm running the latest Photoshop 2022 and Substance Painter successfully with wine 8.5. The application works perfectly apart from a couple of bugs:
  • 1. when I try to open a file or "save as" a file, the wine file dialog takes a really long time to show up. Up to 1 minute!!
  • 2. the license window complains that I need to update the browser version to be able to login into adobe (I know this is a wine-gecko issue and I'm planning on re-build wine-gecko with a "newer" user agent string to see if that would work to fool adobe website to show up the login webpage)
In this message, I'm just looking for a solution for bug #1 - file dialog slow to show up. I have no idea how I can fix it at this point. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!!

cheers...
-H