Some fonts appear only with my default prefix.

Questions about Wine on Linux
RadoslavL

Some fonts appear only with my default prefix.

Post by RadoslavL »

I installed "Welcome to the game 2" on my Gentoo Linux PC and tried to play it, but got missing fonts while using the default prefix. Because I was going to install additional fonts, I decided to create a new prefix in the game's directory. I used winetricks to install corefonts and when I booted into the game, I could see the previously missing fonts. Before that I had opened the game with the default prefix, and with it the Ann browser worked fine and I was able to access the in-game Deep Wiki. The URL bar was missing and that's why I decided to download the additional fonts. After I swapped the prefix and loaded the game, the Deep Wiki no longer worked, but I was able to see the URL bar. I tried removing the new prefix completely and then seeing if something related to the newly installed fonts broke the old ones, but upon loading the game, the Deep Wiki didn't work again. After that I tried using the default prefix and everything worked except the fonts I installed additionally on the other prefix. Is something about the default prefix different from the other manual prefixes? (I didn't specify WINEARCH, while creating the new prefix). I got this new PC very recently and reinstalled Gentoo as soon as I got it. The .wine folder was created by `winecfg` and I haven't used winetricks in this setup before (it wasn't even installed). The only difference between the default prefix and the new prefix is the wine version that created it (the default prefix was created with wine-vanilla and the other one with wine-staging. I even tried to create the new prefix with wine-vanilla, but the fonts didn't show up again). Is there any explanation for this?