iLok Licence Manager - MSI Error: 1603

Questions about Wine on Linux
FortySixandTwo

iLok Licence Manager - MSI Error: 1603

Post by FortySixandTwo »

Hi,

I'm trying to install iLok in Pop OS 22.04, using Wine Staging 8.4, and winetricks. I have had the same issue in past, but solved it by running the installer via gui, simply by clicking on it. This time however I have a specific WinePrefix and don't think I can use the same workaround.

The error is:

Code: Select all

058c:err:msi:execute_script Execution of script 0 halted; action L"PostInstallAddDriverPackage.10F46DEC_0740_499E_97A7_30BA597CE36E" returned 1603
058c:err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"InstallFinalize" returned 1603
The file is in my c_drive folder, run with one of the two following commands.

WINEPREFIX=/home/$USER/.neuraldsp/.wine wine ilok.exe

WINEPREFIX=/home/$USER/.neuraldsp/.wine wine64 ilok.exe
I have found recently that Wine doesn't support drivers, and even when the installer worked via gui, I still got an error during the installation because the drivers package hadn't installed, but the installation completed anyway.
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: iLok Licence Manager - MSI Error: 1603

Post by jkfloris »

I get the same error when try to install the iLok program from iLok.com (LicenseSupportInstallerWin64.zip)
The error is triggered because the program pnputil.exe is missing in Wine.

Why you used to be able to install the program remains a mystery.
FortySixandTwo

Re: iLok Licence Manager - MSI Error: 1603

Post by FortySixandTwo »

From what I can find online, me and you are the only people experiencing this failure. There's a few guides to make it work, and I've talked to a few people who've had it working.

One of the guys who wrote a guide for it, says that the error 9009 thrown halfway through the install doesn't affect the install.

For reference, here's the guide I followed. https://old.reddit.com/r/NeuralDSP/comm ... _tutorial/

Edit: Googling about pnputil.exe, I found a thread about this exact issue, and strangely enough, version 5.6.1 of iLok still gives the 9009 error, but doesn't fail fatally and revert.

The first time I must've downloaded this version and completely forgotten about it.
Last edited by FortySixandTwo on Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.