Office 2010 Chart/SmartArt Bug

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Recluse33

Office 2010 Chart/SmartArt Bug

Post by Recluse33 »

Hello everyone,

Since the last update of wine (at least that's the only reason I could figure out so far...) my (before running) installation of Office 2010 has become buggy. Specifically, whenever I try to create a chart or something similar (tried it with SmartArt, too) in Excel, the program crashes. In Word this happens, too (with charts or SmartArt). The rest works fine, so whatever component is responsible for computing charts, SmartArt or potentially similar things doesn't work properly anymore and crashes the program. I completely removed the prefix (32bit) and wine and made a completely new setup, but the bug remains. I'm fairly new to wine and would be thankful for any help or suggestions...
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Office 2010 Chart/SmartArt Bug

Post by jkfloris »

Did you install some components with winetricks to install Office 2010?
If I only install Word then only msxml6 and riched20 are needed for SmartArt.
Recluse33

Post by Recluse33 »

Yes, I installed corefonts, dotnet20, msxml6 and riched20 with winetricks and set gdiplus, msxml6 and riched20 to "native, builtin" in the configs.
Last edited by Recluse33 on Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Recluse33

Post by Recluse33 »

So these two are responsible for drawing SmartArt and also charts then?
Recluse33

Post by Recluse33 »

I now did a reinstall with wine 7.22 and it didn't change anything, same error... I suspect that it might have something to do with gdiplus, because it's about rendering and whenever I set gdiplus to "native (only)" Excel won't start at all and instead display an error message, that there isn't enough RAM... Word also stops working. Any help?
Recluse33

Post by Recluse33 »

Did a reinstall with wine 7.7 and now it (mostly) works again... there's still some rendering issue (and gdiplus set to native only still produces an error message), but charts and SmartArt don't crash Excel anymore.