Site search is disabled if not logged in.

Post issues, bugs, and feature requests about the various WineHQ websites to this forum.
rooftop

Site search is disabled if not logged in.

Post by rooftop »

I tried to search the website before I was logged in and it told me to try back after waiting some 3000+ seconds. Using the search field in the upper right of every page, it was the first attempt. I then got a similar response when attempting to use the advanced forum search.
The work around was a general web search using `site:winehq.org xyz`

I was using FireFox on Linux. Though I don't recall which specific version as I was back and forth between two distros last night. It was either the latest ESR 64bit on Debian Bookworm(testing) or FF109.0 64bit on Fedora37
dimesio

Re: Site search is disabled if not logged in.

Post by dimesio »

It's not disabled; the "Guest Search Flood Interval" is set to 3600 seconds. This is the "Number of seconds guests must wait between searches. If one guest searches all others have to wait until the time interval passed."

If you're lucky, and no other guests are trying to search, you might be able to do it, but in practice, this pretty much means you have to be logged in to search. The flood search interval for logged in users is only 60 seconds, and calculated separately for each logged in user.