Cannot run Pokemon Trading Card Game LIVE

Questions about Wine on Linux
WildKitty87

Cannot run Pokemon Trading Card Game LIVE

Post by WildKitty87 »

Hi!

I've been using Linux Mint for years. So when I try to install this recently released beta game, Pokemon Trading Card Game LIVE.... it wouldn't run. Whenever I try open it on WINE, the WINE screen would display blank desktop screen as soon as I try open the .msi file, only to see WINE screen close down on its own. No error dialog or anything, not even a pop up window after opening the .msi file.

Any ideas?
invisible kid
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Cannot run Pokemon Trading Card Game LIVE

Post by invisible kid »

Do you already use wine with other programs and if so, do they work okay? I went to test it but it looks like you need to buy it. It doesn't look like there is an app entry in the winehq for it. I didn't search, but has anyone else been able to run it under wine? Sorry, not much help, good luck in getting it going.
WildKitty87

Post by WildKitty87 »

invisible kid wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:34 am Do you already use wine with other programs and if so, do they work okay? I went to test it but it looks like you need to buy it. It doesn't look like there is an app entry in the winehq for it. I didn't search, but has anyone else been able to run it under wine? Sorry, not much help, good luck in getting it going.

I've been able to run the older version of Pokemon Trading Card Game ONLINE, which is going to be sunsetted anytime soon next year so I have to migrate to LIVE version later. Also have run a few programs just fine on WINE.

What do you mean have to buy it? It's a free game, downloaded off Pokemon's official website.
Last edited by WildKitty87 on Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
invisible kid
Level 5
Level 5

Post by invisible kid »

Ahh, one of the links at the top of the page was "WHERE TO BUY", but there is a download link further down the page. Someone experienced might try to get it going at least then you might know if it works or not. Good Luck!