Please can someone help me im on m1 mac and wine is not installing as 64 bit!

Questions about Wine on macOS.
wormtail69

Please can someone help me im on m1 mac and wine is not installing as 64 bit!

Post by wormtail69 »

Hey guys im really, really not tech savy at all! but i want to play some pc games on my macbook pro m1. Everyone said wine is the way to go! So i tried to download it... the first attempt (wine 7.0) instead of brining up a launcher i had to click configure, and after it downloaded something. But once the download was done nothing happened. I tried clicking configure again but still nothing.. not desktop icon or anything. so i deleted that and found another version tho its still called 7.0? but this downloaded and created a launcher 2 options were allready selected the 32bit ones and the 64 bit it said was optional. I clicked the toggle to turn it on as i know we need it. it made me download xquartz which i did. but once everything was done... the icon for wine stable was crossed out and it says its 32 bit and to contact the developer. Now i have tried deleteing that and doingthe set up 3 or 4 times every time selecting 64 bit, and one time just to check not selecting it and no matter what i do... it downloads as a 32bit? Please can someone help this is driveing me insaine.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Please can someone help me im on m1 mac and wine is not installing as 64 bit!

Post by Gcenx »

Upstream wine doesn’t support anything later than macOS Mojave as explained in the pinned thread in this sun form and also in the download section before you get to download wine for macOS.

The second thing you’d attempted was getting to run the source as a native macOS app bundle that will never work.

Considering every being in your wall of text you’d be best served purchasing CrossOver from CodeWeavers that provides a custom version of wine that provides a working app bundle along with custom support.