catalina and wine stable upgrade

Questions about Wine on macOS.
mbenekli

catalina and wine stable upgrade

Post by mbenekli »

I am not able to run wine stable (winehq-stable-5.0.pkg) in catalina v 10.15.7
It keeps saying that "app developer needs to upgrade it in order to work with current macOS version" and "please contact the developer for more information"
I am trying to install "radiant viewer", but it does not work. Please help me, its urgent
Thanks
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: catalina and wine stable upgrade

Post by Gcenx »

Official WineHQ packages of the development and stable branches are available for macOS 10.8 to 10.14 (Wine won't work on macOS Catalina 10.15)
Taken from https://wiki.winehq.org/MacOS the same page you will have been taken to before being able to download winehq-stable-5.0.pkg

Only wine64 will function on macOS Catalina and later until the WoW64 work is complete.
mbenekli

Post by mbenekli »

Do you have an advice for me?
I checked 64k box, but still it won't work. What is WoW64 work? Do you have a due date prediction?
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Gcenx »

mbenekli wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:52 pm Do you have an advice for me?
I checked 64k box, but still it won't work. What is WoW64 work? Do you have a due date prediction?
The current packages uploaded to Winehq are depreciated, the newer packages can be installed using the provided brew commands but as your running macOS Catalina you’ll only be able to use wine64.
mbenekli wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:52 pm Do you have a due date prediction?
No clear timeline as there’s still some PE/ELF work required then that needs to be converted over to the syscall interface.

If you need to run some 32Bit windows binaries there’s always CrossOver.