Monterey, wine-stable and Keil uVision (MDK536)

Questions about Wine on macOS.
BlueMorph

Monterey, wine-stable and Keil uVision (MDK536)

Post by BlueMorph »

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to install Keil's uVision an my Mac with Monterey (12.0.1) and wine-stable. My Problem is quite easy. The setup of Keils MDK leads to following output:

Code: Select all

BlueMorph@iMac-von-Benny ~ % wine64 Downloads/MDK536.EXE 
0024:err:process:exec_process L"Z:\\Users\\bluemorph\\Downloads\\MDK536.EXE" not supported on this system
BlueMorph@iMac-von-Benny ~ % 
Before I tried to work with wine-stable I tested Wineskin Winery. With this tool I could install Keils uVision nearly without any problems.

Can anybody help?

Best regards,

BlueMorph
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Monterey, wine-stable and Keil uVision (MDK536)

Post by Gcenx »

The problem is your attempting to install a 32Bit Windows binary where currently upstream wine doesn’t support this on a 64Bit only system.

Wineskin provides WineCX that’s based on crossover-sources this contains wine32on64 that allows running 32Bit Windows binaries on 64Bit only versions of macOS. However this being a third-part project isn’t supported on Winehq.

Upstream is working on implementing a more correct way to run 32Bit Windows binaries on 64Bit only unix systems but to do this correctly is rather complex, CodeWeavers used multiple hacks along with a custom version of llvm/clang-8 to create wine32on64, that rathe lacking and doesn’t support importing things line gstreamer.