Are you planning on updating the Wine build distributed on package managers?

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
wineGuy2021

Are you planning on updating the Wine build distributed on package managers?

Post by wineGuy2021 »

I need the new builds of wine for m1 support but the last time I checked on homebrew, it was still stuck on 5.1 - 5.7...
Are you planning to update it?
dimesio

Re: Are you planning on updating the Wine build distributed on package managers?

Post by dimesio »

WineHQ packages are updated for the distros we build for--Fedora, Debian, and Ubuntu. MacOS packages are not currently being built as the previous maintainers resigned and shut down their build server; someone is supposedly working on setting up a new one, but there is no ETA as to when it might be completed. As for Homebrew, ask them; Homebrew is a separate project.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Are you planning on updating the Wine build distributed on package managers?

Post by Gcenx »

Alistair was working on this but that’s no longer the case.

Homebrew have stopped providing wine formulas for years instead falling back to there cask system that just installs the Winehq packages.

Your current options are building wine64 from source yourself or adding my brew tap and installing one of the casks I’m providing.

Code: Select all

brew tap gcenx/wine
brew install --cask --no-quarantine gcenx-wine-devel
The no-quarantine is required as I’m not code-signing these packages and Homebrew aren't exactly helpful.