Questions about Wine on Linux
Reevz
Level 1
Level 1

winbox Cyrillic

Post by Reevz »

Hello!
Help to figure out the problem.
I have fedora 33 installed, wine version 5.21 installed, I run the winbox64 program to configure my Mikrotik router.
I have comments in Russian, unfortunately they are displayed as question marks or incomprehensible symbols. Please help me solve this problem. Thanks.
Attachments
winbox.jpg
fargodwe

Re: winbox Cyrillic

Post by fargodwe »

I found something on the net that I don't know if it still applies, but try the following when running from a terminal window

Code: Select all

LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8 wine <path to>your.exe
Reevz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Reevz »

No, unfortunately it doesn't help. It is strange but I believe wine 5.0.3 normally shows Russian fonts. And the last 6.0, again the same problem with question marks.
bondar.den

Post by bondar.den »

It doesn't work in Wine 6 :(
Reevz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Reevz »

And what needs to be done to make it work? Can I add some fonts or libraries from version 5.0.3?
savelov
Level 2
Level 2

Post by savelov »

did you try running with win 1251 encoding instead of UTF8? as windows apllications might be using non-unicode APIs.
like this - LANG=ru_RU.CP1251 wine <path to>your.exe
Reevz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Reevz »

Of course I tried, I tried all possible encodings. Nothing helped. It seems that the problem is in the fonts. But they are already installed as much as possible. I just don't understand why everything stopped working after version 5.0.3?
savelov
Level 2
Level 2

Post by savelov »

then need to raise a bug (mark as a regression) and do a git bisect to find the commit which broke the functionlaity.
and then it will be easy to fix it. I can help you with it - done several times long ago. you must be able to compile different wine versions and quickly check whether it works correctly or not.
Reevz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Reevz »

I'm sorry, but I don't understand anything about programming or what you wrote about. I'm more of a user.