Assasins Creed Black Flag IV-Playonlinux Wine 3.03. Black Screen

Questions about Wine on Linux
Batman77

Assasins Creed Black Flag IV-Playonlinux Wine 3.03. Black Screen

Post by Batman77 »

Hi, everybody.

I cant run AC IV (BF) in POL. I am using wine 3.0.3. and when I launch the game, I can see black screen only. Did you have the same problem? Pc hardware is good enough. Can you help me,please?

Thank you for help. Have a nice day.
L. Rahyen

Re: Assasins Creed Black Flag IV-Playonlinux Wine 3.03. Black Screen

Post by L. Rahyen »

Wine 3.0 is three years old. Current Wine version is 6.0-rc5. I suggest to upgrade and try again, preferably reinstall the game in clean Wine prefix. According to AppDB, the game should work in Wine. The AppDB entry also suggests that if it will "hang when starting the Abstergo Interlude 01 - Entering Abstergo mission" then "use DXVK 1.0 and create the dxvk.conf file in the game folder with: d3d11.maxFeatureLevel = 10_1". There is also fixed Wine bug which affected the game in the past - at the end somebody said "I tested Black Flag with wine-6.0-rc3 and the game didn't show this issue, so marking FIXED. I did have to install arial and dxvk, but as this wasn't a d3d issue, that shouldn't matter". So before launching the game, you probably need to install Arial font and dxvk.
Batman77

Post by Batman77 »

Hello. :) Thank you for answer. I know its old, but its chosen when I use POL for install BlackFlag. I can change it, for example I use 4.0.1. for Max Payne 3 and it works fine. But I have problem with installing DirectX. Its ok, when I install DirectX in 3.0.3, but in other version, its problem. When installing is almost done,it says: an internal system error occurred dxerror.log and directx.log. So please, can you explain me, how to proceed step by step to run this game or make a video? I tried to solve it, but it wasnt enough. Usually Winehq+youtube+other forums is enough for me, but not this time. The month is gone and no progress. Thank you for help. Have a nice day.
Batman77

Post by Batman77 »

I can launch BF in wine 3.8.-staging. Menu and menu cutscene is ok, but the game and game cutscene looks like negative photography. What is problem? Graphic card?